Games Design Illustrations

Not your usual zombie! This is an Asian themed zombie game inspired by the hilarious movie "Mr Vampire".  

OK I don't know why it's not called Vampire Gaga instead but Zombie Gaga sounds catchier right? And no, it has NO relation to Lady Gaga. 

"Gaga' is supposed to be representative of one of the verbal commands used to control the zombies, among other sounds. We were actually playing around with Chinese dialect vulgarities and making them less... obvious *cheeky smile*. 

I don't know any Hokkien except for their vulgarities anyway. 

But over time we became more serious (and matured maybe) so the consonants were altered further to sound less crude.

Really had fun designing the landscapes, characters and the other game elements. My job was to be the illustrator and sound designer, while my group members did the animation and programming.

It was a highly ambitious project to be completed within a semester and sadly some of the designs were not put into use =(

However I am especially proud of my group mate who really did accomplished a lot on the programming side, considering she had no experience making a game in Adobe Flash... Zilch! 

So what was accomplished so far was quite impressive... Just to be able to control the character according to a particular key control sequence in-sync with a beat was exciting. 

Programming is not my thing but I just wished that it could be a fully functional game because it looks like it has a lot of potential to be really fun and engaging.

Dr. Heckle  – (June 7, 2010 at 2:30 PM)  

I always wanted wanted to play around with Chinese dialect vulgarities...

pat  – (June 8, 2010 at 8:20 AM)  

This is impressive,Sarah.

Unknown  – (June 9, 2010 at 1:18 AM)  

Dr. Heckle: I'm sure you do =)

BeMiE: Yes they are, ugly yet adorable.

Pat: Once again you made me happy with your comments =D

Unknown  – (June 9, 2010 at 3:08 AM)  

silviosfonso: Hey... i guess that's a hello? My translator is not very reliable.

Post a Comment

Translate

Google-Translate-Chinese (Simplified) BETA Google-Translate-English to French Google-Translate-English to German Google-Translate-English to Italian Google-Translate-English to Japanese BETA Google-Translate-English to Korean BETA Google-Translate-English to Russian BETA Google-Translate-English to Spanish