Illustrations for School

Character Designs
Sewing Room
Laundrette Street
The classic fairytale- Hansel & Gretel
Attempt at gradient mesh tool on Gretel's face.

It was a mad rush to create these works nearing their deadlines but it's what I enjoy doing. And honestly I'm thankful to the pressure as it's what makes me work hard- trying to beat the clock and squeezing all my creative juices in my brain and putting my drawing skills to the test, yet still learning new tricks.

It's my holidays now and one of my goals is to just keep drawing! So i have a new blog dedicated to drawing portraits simply using a ball-point pen at http://ballpointpenportraitsbysarah.blogspot.com/. The name's kinda long but it helps me to keep focus on its main purpose.

Anyway check out this cool initiative: http://travelwritedraw.blogspot.com/2010/12/illustrators-drawing-illustrators.html and participate. Deadline's TODAY- end of 28th December! The blog's seriously amazing too.

Meagan Morrison  – (December 28, 2010 at 3:58 AM)  

Aw Sarah thank-you thank-you thank-you for the amazing link!! I was just reading through to find out more about your illustrations and stumbled upon it. You're crazy talented lady!! What are you studying in school? I'm in a Fashion Illustration program at FIT in New York. I'm graduating in May, can't even believe it. I'm signed up to follow and I'm so excited to see more from you.

Meag xx

Meagan Morrison  – (December 28, 2010 at 4:06 AM)  

Oh and one last thing. Everyone has until the end of Dec 28th to email me to participate. I pull the names Dec 29th :)

Meag xx

Meagan Morrison  – (December 29, 2010 at 6:52 AM)  

Wow amazing and so fascinating. I can't believe you were also studying something completely unrelated. It feels so good to finally be focusing on what I love. Thanks for leaving such a great comment on my blog. I love hearing about other people's experiences and how they found their way to illustration or whatever their passion is.

Meag xx

Katie  – (January 11, 2011 at 2:47 AM)  

I really love the cat in the first image posted. He looks like quite the character.

Post a Comment

Translate

Google-Translate-Chinese (Simplified) BETA Google-Translate-English to French Google-Translate-English to German Google-Translate-English to Italian Google-Translate-English to Japanese BETA Google-Translate-English to Korean BETA Google-Translate-English to Russian BETA Google-Translate-English to Spanish