still life class drawing

He sells seashells on the seashore.
Finally this week's lesson in advanced drawing workshop is something i could do and particularly liked... using a soft texture or feel in a drawing. What does that mean.. soft texture? I interpreted it as gentle strokes, light shadows and curved lines... AND making it pretty (even boys). Like deliberately feminizing his facial features into ambiguous androgyny.

A silly looking picture taken by my mischievous friend using her i-phone. Speaking of which, i got a good deal for an i-pod touch from my ex-roomie who's interning in Apple. So i won't consider getting an i-phone until they upgrade to a decent camera quality which was always the major turn off for me.

Plaztik  – (March 13, 2010 at 12:53 AM)  

maybe i should draw you sometime?

Unknown  – (March 13, 2010 at 2:53 AM)  

It pleases me that my work please you:) kiss :)

Dear Fireflies  – (March 14, 2010 at 9:30 AM)  

Hello, Sarah! I like these pictures... remind me of my college years, long time ago... (^_^)

Unknown  – (March 14, 2010 at 11:28 AM)  

Plaztik: Haha I can't sit still... N i'm your you'll regret ending up with an ugly portrait =P

Usagi-Bot: Thks n welcome =) I like your vector styled artworks.

Amalia K: Drawing classes are really fun aren't they? I missed having them so that's why i took another one up again =)

Vanessa Brantley Newton  – (March 14, 2010 at 9:59 PM)  

This is fabulous work! I love your stokes. they are beautiful and delicate. Very nice! Thanks for stopping by the blog and leaving such a nice message. Have fun cooking and drawing and listening to great music!

illustration poetry  – (March 17, 2010 at 9:17 AM)  

She sells seashells on the seashore,
The shells that she sells are seashells I’m sure.
So if she sells seashells on the seashore,
I’m sure that the shells are seashore shells.

:)

illustration poetry  – (March 17, 2010 at 9:18 AM)  

btw, it's not a forbidden love.
it's an eternal love, me and the bird (my lover).

Anonymous –   – (March 18, 2010 at 3:03 PM)  

hahaha iphone is gd... the camera is gd. u need to dwnload e apps to appreaciate its awesomeness! hahah but since u hav itouch then ya no need to get iphone.
-wani

Unknown  – (March 20, 2010 at 1:00 AM)  

Hi Wani! Now i prefer pictures that are true to real life cos it just seems more honest that way. That's what camera technology is working towards but somehow trends seem to go in the opposite direction now. Ironic isn't it?

Anonymous –   – (March 25, 2010 at 9:07 AM)  

yes yes somemore u have a dslr so u can take more natural photos than those edited ones? heh... =)

Unknown  – (March 25, 2010 at 8:34 PM)  

yup just that dslr is not practical to carry around on a daily basis like to classes n stuff when i wanna take pics of my paintings. that's when compact cameras or hp cams come in handy =)

Post a Comment

Translate

Google-Translate-Chinese (Simplified) BETA Google-Translate-English to French Google-Translate-English to German Google-Translate-English to Italian Google-Translate-English to Japanese BETA Google-Translate-English to Korean BETA Google-Translate-English to Russian BETA Google-Translate-English to Spanish