Self Portrait in Pencil and Ink: Purple Hair



If I were a superhero, I'd have long flowing purple hair.

Another thing i like about the notebook is that it has curved edges as u can see in the first pic.

Decided to do a sketch of myself as the first drawing in the book... which solidly marks it as my property, my territory... rawr!

Reference image:

A pic taken recently which looks decent.

If you didn't know, I'm back to solid black hair. Couldn't wait for it to grow out all black so i dyed it and i'm happy with how it turns out.

It's been years since i had black hair and i've been getting compliments after the change from those who actually noticed =)

Another reason to truly accept what's naturally been given to me by God and accepting myself. I think i won't go back to dyes anymore... i hope!

Having brown/blond hair has been fun but it gets tacky with the maintenance and damage.

And speaking of the drawbacks of having light colored hair, i had an encounter with someone who was VERY judgmental hinting that i wanna be caucasian or something especially since i used to wear colored contacts as well. Well he just didn't know fashion i guess.

Although it was probably just a passing remark, i wonder if others view me the same way.

However, this is not even a consideration for dying my hair black, it's just that i learnt from his obtuseness not to judge others like how he's shallowly judged me...

Cos being misunderstood, that's one of the most frustrating things that can happen.

I think for 2010, i'd like to keep those friends who has stuck with me through all these years close. I think this time i've come to realise where my real diamonds are at.

My Passport to Style  – (January 10, 2010 at 7:06 AM)  

Hi there, I'm new here, a Style Consultant from the UK,who is delighted to have found you and is now following you.So much so I have nominated you my Stylish blog crush, over at My Passport to Style! Sharon xx

Anonymous –   – (January 10, 2010 at 10:03 PM)  

wah sarah da ader peminat? =) yeay to black hair! ive nvr dyed my hair so i duno e feeling. hahah

-wani

p.s. am i one of ur diamonds? =p

Anonymous –   – (January 12, 2010 at 10:42 PM)  

Hi babe! Do visit for pretty clothes and bags!

pat  – (January 27, 2010 at 11:53 PM)  

I have to keep coming back to your photo...I didn't notice the comment about you dyeing your hair black til today. It wouldn't matter if you were bald, you would still be pretty but I love the jet black hair.

Unknown  – (January 28, 2010 at 12:09 AM)  

Haha thks pat! that's too kind =) Being bald would have it perks too right? Wait don't give me any ideas. I'll be tempted to try it. Haha.

pat  – (January 28, 2010 at 12:36 AM)  

Oh, maybe don't do that. :) You would still pretty, like I said, but the hair, um boy, I love it.

Post a Comment

Translate

Google-Translate-Chinese (Simplified) BETA Google-Translate-English to French Google-Translate-English to German Google-Translate-English to Italian Google-Translate-English to Japanese BETA Google-Translate-English to Korean BETA Google-Translate-English to Russian BETA Google-Translate-English to Spanish